httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: apache ftp mirror in South Africa
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:43:22 GMT
On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Kevin van Blerk wrote:

> Hi Bjoern, thank you for the reply, I am not quite sure why you don't
> support ftp (mirror.pl) anymore, it is still very widely used, in fact all
> our other mirrors make use of it ?

There was a recent security incident on the main Apache server, which
caused a fairly dramatic tightening of security - including killing the
FTP server for good.

> I have installed rsync. I am not sure of the syntax ? Where do I now mirror
> from ? I used to use ftp.apache.org
>
> What else do I sustitute in this line ?
>
> rsync -rtvz --delete --exclude incoming dev.apache.org::apache-site
> /spool/ftp/pub/apache
>
> http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html isn't very helpfull ?

Some of the documentation seems to need a bit of work here and there...

Is anyone working on this ATM? If not, I could probably do some updates in
about ten days' time.

James.