httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@valueclick.com>
Subject Re: apache ftp mirror in South Africa
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:12:39 GMT
On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Kevin van Blerk wrote:

> > Hi, we am listed as an official apache ftp mirror according to
> > http://www.apache.org/mirrors/ ie. ftp://ftp.saix.net/pub/apache but have
> > been experiencing a problem with our mirror lately (actually for awhile
> > now). It seems that ftp.apache.org doesn't exist anymore ? Why not ?

We don't support ftp anymore as you guessed.

> > According to this URL, http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html the
> > following statement appears "Also, the last option, mirroring using FTP,
> may
> > disappear at some point in the future, so we strongly suggest you
> > investigate those other mirroring options" has this already been removed ?

Yup. Please look into using rsync. It's really simple to setup and you
will be amazed how fast and efficient it is.

> > The mailing list for mirror maintainers can be joined by sending mail to
> > "majordomo@apache.org" with the words "subscribe mirrors" in the body of the
> > message

We've updated the mailinglist information, thanks for the hint! (it's now:
subscribe by sending a mail to mirrors-subscribe@apache.org).

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>