httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: conn_rec->notes
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:58:07 GMT
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Allan Edwards wrote:

> It would be nice to be able to pass information
> from one module to another - like the notes
> capability of request_rec except using conn_rec.
>
> example: passing client certificate information
> to an ldap module
>
> Anyone object to adding ap_table_t *notes to
> conn_rec?

I question how wise it is, because that is something that is very easy to
misuse.  In general, the connection can be used by completely different
users if it is from a proxy.  It is only in special situations, such as
when you have a layer there that makes it more than just a normal TCP
connection over which HTTP requests flow, where that is legitimately used.