httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject RE: [patch 1.3.13-dev] Win9x Services
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 12:08:02 GMT
Hi Bill, here are a few comments.

If you are going to show friendly messages for -i/-u problems,
do it in the 'if (install)' block.  For instance your code
doesn't show a friendly message for two successive "apache -i"'s
or "apache -u"'s.

As a corollary, if you put the install friendly messages in the
install block, there is no need to move this from the 'n' case:
-            if (isValidService(optarg)) {
-                ap_registry_get_service_conf(pconf, ap_server_confname...
-                conf_specified = 1;
-            }

Finally why have a separate -k option for Win95?  If you already can
test for that platform, why not make it (testing for Win95 and
acting appropriately) a special case to all of the service signals?

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@lnd.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 1:23 AM
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: RE: [patch 1.3.13-dev] Win9x Services

Andrew and I battered Win9x, and discovered I hadn't applied the
shutdown (and logoff, if a console) detection.  This is the newest
patch that should serve both 9x and NT users...

In fact, everything (start, shutdown/stop, restart, etc...)
should run correctly in *both* winnt and 95, except...

in 9x, the -k runservice is required to start the service,
but in NT it's unnecessary (in 1.3.x, but 2.0 otoh... :-)

in NT, the close button works on the Apache console window.
This is not true of 9x, and I have never found a workaround.

Beat it up a while and let me know...  NT should have minor if
any differences, but 9x is now terribly different and subject to
gp faults or any number of evil things, if I've blown it.

Bill

(same deal as before, zip for Win32 folks, plain text diff
 is attached.)