httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: summary: issues for my filtering patch
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 01:45:56 GMT

Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:
> The patch still requires two/three +1 votes (and no more vetos, of course).
> I'm not sure of two/three -- does my vote count? :-)

Three votes in additon to yours.

> I'm also not sure what happens if not enough people take the time to review
> it and those extra +1 votes do not appear. Is that a pocket veto?

Congratulations - I think you may have named that syndrome.

I'd prefer to see a little cooling off period here; three reasons.
Ryan stated he wanted to step back - we should respect.  Some of
the ambvalence about filtering in general may evaporate if as it
becomes clear something might actually appear in the code.  Deciding
if one want's to swallow/embrace this approach requires a little
thinking and hands on involvement.

Thanks to all for keeping the machinery grinding, even if it
occationally makes horrible noises at it works.  I see a lot of
progress made; a lot more common understanding in hand.  I can't
tell yet how if this is a sufficent/good/great seed for filtering
to grow upon going forward.

 - ben