httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: pod2text
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:09:28 GMT
At 04:48 AM 06/01/2000, Life is hard, and then you die wrote:
>I'm I the only one who is really detesting the pod docs? I find
>they make the files very unreadable:
>
>I really love javadoc, and hence would like to see DOC++ used instead:
>
>     /**
>      * Create a pool of shared memory for use later.
>      *
>      * @param m       The shared memory block.
>      * @param reqsize The size of the shared memory pool.
>      * @param file    The file to use for the shared memory on
> platforms that
>      *                require it.
>      * @param cont    The pool to use
>      * @return APR_SUCCESS if successful; an error code otherwise
>      */

I use Autoduck at work, (I found it and brought it in, and now we're
using it everywhere) and it's very similar to this style.  (Autoduck
is a free program written by someone who was at the time a MS
programmer, but who has since left the company.  It's probably not
very portable though.)

>To me this is far more readable. This also has the potential of
>being able to check that all the arguments are documented (not
>currently done in DOC++, though), and it creates links to the
>definitions of the types used in the arguments.

I agree.

--
Greg Marr
gregm@alum.wpi.edu