httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:37:26 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> > I'd still like to see the "ServerName 127.0.0.1" stay, augmented
> > by a "<VirtualHost _default_>" container to make it work outside
> > the local host.  Anyone see any problems with that?
>
> What did we mean here?  It will pick up their real server IP, so I
> assume this is mute?

I mean that if we ever set the servername to 127.0.0.1, the only
time it will process requests is if they come from the same
system.  By adding a _default_ vhost we can allow it to process
requests from off-box in that situation.

I would like the Windows and Unix .conf files to be as similar
as possible.  I went round and round over a couple of days with
someone who told me it did a vanilla install, but there wasn't
any ClearModuleList directive.  It turned out that it was on
Windows, which it failed to mention.
--
#ken    P-)}