httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: PLEASE READ: Filter I/O
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:49:40 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > *
> > * This file was originally written by Ryan Bloom for Covalent Technologies
> > * and gifted exclusively to the The Apache Software Foundation in June 2000.
> > */
> >

> Precedent has already been set in Apache, but I frankly find
> this distasteful.

Agreed; I'd go further and say it's inappropriate.  ISTR about the
only time such an attributory paragraph has been considered
acceptable is when the file has been imported from some other
project.  If it's sole existence is within Apache, which is
a group effort, a simple 'originally written by Foo B. Ar' is
more than sufficient.
--
#ken    P-)}