httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Filter I/O take 3.
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:48:31 GMT wrote:
> A couple of things.  Don't do this!

Out of order; procedural error.

> By you making these changes now, you break a patch that is being
> considered.

No, it has been vetoed.  It's not under consideration any more.
And it can't hold up anyone else's work.  If you want, you can
veto Greg's patch (giving a technical justification) and it'll
be rolled back.

> This has the side effect of making it impossible for somebody
> new to even apply my patch, and it makes updating my tree a real
> mess.

Anyone who wants to apply your patch is free and able to roll
Greg's back first.  You CAN'T issue a pre-emptive veto, and
certainly not because it messes up *your* tree.

> Your patch however basically does some of what I did (and it makes
> little sense to have a separate function for this in my scheme).

Alternatives are good, and at the moment the jury is still waaaay
out on whether *your* scheme is the best approach.  Since it's
been vetoed..
#ken    P-)}

Apache Software Foundation  <>