httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: 1.3.13 mod_proxy
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:33:58 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> I'm confused too about your PUT comments... and I walked back
> through the mod_proxy commits to try to figure it out...

So am I. 8^)

> I wouldn't mind passing through PUT if that is a key request,
> I'd like to see 1.3.13 roll with the obvious improvements
> that users have grown impatient to see.  But I'm sure HTTP/1.1
> will cause all sorts of new problems...
>
> And for the same reason as I decided to incorporate the Win9x
> services, 1.3.13 might be a good target, since it allows us to
> discover if there are side effects out there, and roll the
> best danged 2.0 server we possibly can.
>
> But can we assure that the feature can be disabled for less
> adventerous administrators :-?

Actually it would have to be disabled by default. But I've got to scan
the archives myself to see if that's really the commit that went in. I
know I saw *something* go into the thing, and I would also rather
concentrate on 2.0.

If the proxy changes already committed require full testing, then I
think the HTTP/1.1 patch would not add too much to that headache. If
really nothing much has changed in the proxy, then I'm willing to hold
off putting it in, since there are only two +1 for it so far.
--
Chuck
Chuck Murcko