httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:34:04 GMT
jlwpc1 wrote:

> Apache needs more research - life changes - Apache server is not
> for "techs only" any more, in fact most downloads are from
> _non-techs_ for most OSes.

And on what data are you basing this rather wild claim?

Not that it matters, because you clearly don't understand what
Apache is.  It is *not* a product we make for some vast ill-defined
user base.  It's something we do for *ourselves*.  If that user
base benefits, cool -- but that's a side-effect.  Go re-read Roy's
recent message on this.

> Software used to be based on what does the user want to do, not
> what the programmer says a user must do.

Once again, that's a commercial viewpoint, and not relevant to Apache.

> Silly me, I used to wonder why everyday people hate computers so
> much, I wonder if this programming logic of most developers today
> is why? :)

Possibly because people mis-set their own expectations?
--
#ken    P-)}