httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:13:03 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> > Unfortunately, part of the problem is that the error string is
> > typically displayed in a DOS window that disappears instantly.
>
> Ahhh... that's the nail, you hit it right on the head.
>
> One of my fixes to 1.3.13 before it flies out the door has to
> be to prevent the console from closing until the user sees the
> message.  The only time we _can't_ do this is when they start
> a WinNT service (no console, ever)...

No, it throws that wondrously meaningful "Error 1067" error
alert.  Is there any way we can hack into the text of that
alert box?

I'd still like to see the "ServerName 127.0.0.1" stay, augmented
by a "<VirtualHost _default_>" container to make it work outside
the local host.  Anyone see any problems with that?

BTW, judging by some of the reports that have come my way,
there is once more a major dichotomy between the httpd.conf
files on Windows and Unix.  For one thing, the latter contain
the LoadModule/ClearModuleList/AddModule sequence, whilst the
former only have the LoadModule section.  Or am I smoking something?
--
#ken    P-)}