httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Alpha 5
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:01:13 GMT
Nope. Release early, release often. I'll work on a release after the DAV is
up and running. If a5 happens to come out before then, well fine.

We are not in the "release often" mode right now. We should never hold up
for specific changes. Just release it. Those changes will appear in the next
release. Simple as that.

Slowing down a release cycle is only helpful for *final* releases. People
don't want to upgrade their 1.3.x servers every two weeks. But alphas?
Almost by definition, these are not production servers, but test/play/dev
servers. If thsoe people feel like picking up a new version, they will. No
harm in tossing another one out there. In fact, it can do a lot of good.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/