httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard config.m4
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 03:17:43 GMT
On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 01:09:16PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> >   Detect libraries based on which platform configure is being run on.
> >
> >   Basically, Apache now runs APR's configure script first.  APR's configure
> >   script has been setup to create a new file, APRVARS.  APRVARS is basically
> >   all of the environment variables that APR wants to export to the program
> >   that is using it.  This allows the calling program to "source" APRVARS
> >   and get those environment variables.
> >
> >   Removed hack to make platforms use -ldl.
>
> With this change, new Apache platforms do not need to specifically state
> that they do not need -ldl.  APR determines this and just tells
> Apache.  My next change is to make Apache choose the correct mod_cgi based
> on MPM.  Are there any other open configuration issues?
>
> I may do one more quick cleanup, but I doubt it.

I really like the APRVARS thing. I was wondering what would be a good
strategy for communicating that back...

Rather than manually writing an APRVARS, couldn't you simply generate it
from APRVARS.in? That would be more autoconf-ish, and would torch the
APR_OUTPUT_VARS function (woo! simplify! :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/