httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@ibm.net>
Subject Re: PLEASE READ: Filter I/O
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:32:17 GMT
> From: TOKILEY@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:29:03 EDT
>
> Example: If you ( or Jeff Trawick ) is thinking that the absolute
> answer to not knowing the final Content-Length is to just use
> chunked encoding and that will be fine for all types of data,
> filters, and will work fine with all browsers... I think you
> are simply dreaming.

I'll look forward to being educated (really!).  Dreaming or not, that
is what I read from the standard and from the existing code.  If you
can, please point out what is different between no content-length when
dynamic content goes through the filtering vs. existing (sometimes)
lack of content-length when dynamic content is generated by the
handler of a single module, as that is where I'm hung up on your
comment.

Thanks,

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...