httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@ibm.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main http_log.c
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:57:14 GMT
> From: "Brian Havard" <brianh@kheldar.apana.org.au>
> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:00:03 +1000 (EST)
>
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:05:37 -0700 (PDT), rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> >> Good try but this won't work. The pipe must always be created non-blocking
> >> (else the DosConnectNPipe() blocks forever) & can stay that way. OS/2
> >> allows attaching an event semaphore to the pipe which is triggered when
> >> data is available. The parameters to the call to wait on that semaphore
> >> determine the block/non-block/timeout behaviour.
> >
> >Can we just create it non-blocking and use a -1 timeout value on OS/2?
>
> Yep, exactly.

I understand I need to back out the change to ap_create_pipe(), but
there is something that is still bothering me about
ap_set_pipe_timeout()...

Your old ap_block_pipe() truly made the pipe blocking; it didn't
simply set the timeout to -1.  Why the discrepancy, and shouldn't I
back out the changes to ap_set_pipe_timeout() also, so that the pipe
is always non-blocking but your logic in ap_read() does the right
thing based on the value of timeout?

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...