httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@ibm.net>
Subject Re: Trouble with 2.0a4 Include Files
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 23:50:11 GMT
> From: "Tyler J. Brooks" <tylerjbrooks@home.com>
> Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 15:11:20 -0700
>
> 1)  It looks like 'ap_config.h' is missing a closing brace for its
> extern "C" declaration.  Could somebody add it please?  It is
> 'spilling over' into some of my C++ headers and causing havoc.

Can you verify for me that simply removing '#ifdef __cplusplus extern
"C" #endif' does the trick?  I don't think it should be needed at all in
that header file.  I don't see that there are any function
prototypes.

> 2)  Also, I am getting compiler errors when I try to include
> apr_file_io.h, apr_thread_proc.h, and apr_network_io.h in some
> of my C++ code.  Even though these files have the proper
> extern "C" declaration, my compiler is tripping over the 'new'
> keyword which is used as an argument name in some of the function
> prototypes.  I thought the extern "C" declaration would have turned
> this off... but it is still triggering an error.  For now, I have renamed
> the
> arguments to something else in my local copies of the files.  Could
> somebody tell me what the proper way is to get around this?
> I am using MSVC 6.0 on NT 4.0 SP5.

'extern "C"' doesn't mean that everything inside is in the C
language.  It just tells the compiler what the linkage is.

I just coded some fixes to these headers and will commit them once I
verify I didn't screw anything up.

> Thanx in advance.
> Tyler.

Thank you for taking the trouble to report it.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...