httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Life is hard, and then you die" <ron...@innovation.ch>
Subject Re: Filter I/O take 3.
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 06:48:27 GMT
On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 03:39:45AM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
>    [ caveat: actually, there may be subtle gradations here; need to check
>      with Ronald for the digest stuff; for example: when generating a
>      multipart message, what parts do we digest? just the parts, or do we
>      include the whole response body, which includes the boundaries and
>      per-part headers? the answer could change some of the writes. ]

The digest is calculated on the entity-body (the same as for
Content-MD5). This means it includes the whole body, including
boundaries and per-part headers in the case of multipart contents. The
entity body is the same as the message body (which is the actual bytes
sent over the net) except when a transfer encoding is present, in which
case message-body=transfer-encoding(entity-body). But multipart's are
not transfer encodings.

  Cheers,

  Ronald