httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Filter I/O take 3.
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 21:41:33 GMT
On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 10:07:50AM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > > If you have a veto, please speak up within 24 hours.  I will be flying to
> > > NH tomorrow, and I will likely commit as soon as I get back to the hotel
> > > after dinner, unless there is a veto pending.
> >
> > -1 until it is apparent how the following can be done: flow control, large
> > filtered content, and sub-requests. (more detail in the other note)
> >
> And async network i/o

Async I/O would be nice, but it just won't be happening in Apache any time
soon or far. I really don't think we can start saying "well, if that doesn't
support async, then it is out." By that rule, we could hardly make any
changes :-)

I'd love to be educated on how to change Apache to an async model. I just
don't see it right now.

Cheers,
-g

--