httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:33:20 GMT
On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 02:13:37PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I don't know that I'm happy with this patch...
>
> If I read it right... the only test is for the string "cgi-bin"?
> If the user has set up "top-secret" as their ScriptAlias directive
> for the vhost, then http://my.site.org//top-secret is still broken?

When I perused the patch yesterday, it looked like the old behavior
was also to use a hardcoded "/cgi-bin/", so this wouldn't change
anything.

Now I do agree that this ought to be fixed, but I haven't investigated
how various directives like ScriptAlias would interact with
mod_vhost_alias yet. I'm sure there was a good reason for doing that
initially. :)