httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/win32 service.c
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:55:41 GMT
On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 05:15:00PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> And to set aside your concerns, Greg, this patch touches the
> MULTITHREADED paths only... as did all other minor issues that
> I already cleaned up.  As for stability, I expect that 1.3.13
> will perform at 150% of the stability of 1.3.12, at least in
> service control.  A few things in 1.3.12, well, let's say we have
> a bit of good fortune and blind luck :-)

Actually, I have little concern about the stability of the Win32 stuff. I
can't imagine you putting in all that effort to make it worse :-). My
hesitance was pretty simple: 1) have these Win32 changes had enough testing?
(i.e. we knew the behavior and problems before, but we're starting over
now), and 2) did something outside of Win32 get tweaked accidentally.

I'll just hit up ViewCVS and do a diff between the head and the 1.3.12
release for http_main.c and see what the total diffs are. My problem, not
yours :-)

And have no fear: I think the work that you've done for the Win32 stuff (on
both branches) is great.

Cheers,
-g

--