httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject off_t format code (was: Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:15:31 GMT
On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 12:08:59PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > We can enable "warnings are errors" in GCC, then try to compile a test
> > fragment. If the "%d" and off_t sizes are wrong, then we get an error.
> >
> > Of course, this will be specific to GCC, so there would need to be
> > mechanisms for other compilers (most compilers have a similar flag), or we
> > would need to use the hints.m4 file to patch up the resulting value.
> >
> > How's that sound?
>
> -0 for the test compile.  This would be ugly autoconf code, so I dislike
> it.

Euh... autoconf does this all over the place :-) Not sure how this one is
different.

> +1 for the hints.m4 file.  I can do this this afternoon unless
> somebody else wants to do it before I get to it.

Well, this would work, but it is hard-coding the stuff. I'd much prefer
automatic configuration. Also... at the moment, hints.m4 is based on the
platform, while this format thing will be based on the compiler.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/