httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/file_io/unix fileio.h readwrite.c
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:30:37 GMT
On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 05:03:48PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> > Why do we check HAVE_ARPA_INET_H for including sys/socket.h?
>
> I'm not checking for the presence of arpa_inet.h but using it to
> differentiate between versions of BeOS.

This brings up a good point. Maybe there should be a check somewhere to
require a specific version of BeOS? From some of these changes, I'd guess
that Apache will no longer work on older versions of BeOS.

> This code is for a developmental version of BeOS with a new networking
> stack, and so far it doesn't have a version number I can verify.  The
> arpa_inet.h header is a difference and it's just what I'm using.  It'll go
> away once the development is further along and code better established.

Maybe create a symbol that you can use, so this is clearer? For example:

#ifdef BEOS
#if HAVE_ARPA_INET_H
#define BEOS_R46   /* or whatever it is you're working with :-) */
#else
#undef BEOS_R46
#endif

oh... your other note says you'll be changing this tomorrow. Whatever :-),
just figured to throw in a couple ideas.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/