httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: current bugs with pre/post config stuff (maybe :) )
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:55:32 GMT
> From: rbb@covalent.net
> Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:25:30 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > 1) symptom: on system with bad/no DNS setup, ServerName isn't
> >    processed so init fails
> >
> > cause:
> >
> >   ap_fini_vhost_config() called before ap_process_config_tree(), so
> >   ServerName was never stored in the config structure
> >
> > possible fix:
> >
> >   Pull ap_fini_vhost_config() call out of ap_read_config() and defer
> >   until after ap_process_config_tree is called.
>
> I think this needs to be moved to a post_config hook in the core
> personally.

yep; when I get problem 2 fixed I'll try to clean this up

> >   This seems to work o.k., but I don't have a fix for problem 2 yet so
> >   I'm not yet 80% sure it is fine.
> >
> >   At this point, main() is getting really bloated with config crapola,
> >   and much of the config crapola is duplicated.
>
> That's because we have always duplicated this stuff.  It should be
> possible to get rid of the second call to most of this stuff, but I
> haven't looked at it yet.
>

> > 2) symptom: on system with virtual hosts configured, SIGSEGV in
> >    open_multi_logs()
> >
> > cause:
> >
> >    the module configs for the virtual hosts haven't been merged in
> >    yet, and open_multi_logs() gets NULL for the mod_log_config
> >    configuration
> >
> > possible fix:
> >
> >    reorder stuff "properly" :)
>
> What is the "proper" reorder?

It seems that fixup_virtual_hosts() has to be called before
open_multi_logs().  Unfortunately, I don't have a fix for this yet.
Hopefully I'll get to play with this some more later today.

As always, anybody with time or ideas is welcome to jump in before
then.

Have fun...

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...