httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_include.c
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:50:58 GMT
> From: ben@locus.apache.org
> Date: 11 Jun 2000 14:04:53 -0000
>
> ben         00/06/11 07:04:53
>
>   Modified:    src/modules/standard mod_include.c
>   Log:
>   Do printf formatting properly.
>
>                        int l, x;
>   -#if defined(AP_OFF_T_IS_QUAD)
>   -                    ap_snprintf(tag, sizeof(tag), "%qd", finfo.size);
>   -#else
>   -                    ap_snprintf(tag, sizeof(tag), "%ld", (long)finfo.size);
>   -#endif
>   +                    ap_snprintf(tag, sizeof(tag), "%" APR_OFF_T_FMT, finfo.size);
>                        l = strlen(tag);    /* grrr */

As of this commit we now have warnings on Linux.  Did you see the
discussion (or rather, me explaining why I couldn't proceed with
Ryan's sugession) yesterday?

What's the plan on getting APR_OFF_T_FMT defined properly?

I don't know how to work around the problem I described to Ryan
yesterday.  How can we safely check during autoconfiguration whether
off_t is long int or just int when the size is the same?  Unless this
is resolved, I don't see the value in AP_OFF_T_FMT unless there is
also an AP_OFF_T_CAST which is used to avoid warnings.  That
combination isn't pretty, but at least it avoids the old need to check
AP_OFF_T_IS_QUAD.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...