httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: current bugs with pre/post config stuff (maybe :) )
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:39:24 GMT
On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 05:23:31PM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:40:30 -0700
> > From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
> >
> > +1 if you namespace-protect the fixup_virtual_hosts and declare it in
> > http_vhost.h.
>
> How about http_config.h since http_config.c is where
> ap_fixup_virtual_hosts() lives?  I realize it is a vhost function, but
> http_config.h and http_vhost.h are very closely aligned with what is
> implemented in the corresponding files.

Ah. Didn't realize that. Sure, that sounds fine. Some other pass over the
code can sort the functions out to where they truly belong.

> > Otherwise, it looks like the right solution!
>
> Does that mean you don't know away around the concerns I listed (you
> know this stuff much better than I do)?

Dang. I must have missed those, and I've deleted the mail :-(

[trundles off to locus' mail archives...]

Ah. I'd say that you should leave off the post-config hook stuff for now,
and just get this going. This would include namespace protection.

1) I do think logs are supposed to be open before the post-config hook. But
   the whole log file thing is kind of nebulous for me, so don't take my
   word for this.

2) plog ... dunno anything about the "design semantics". Just from a brief
   look, I'd say that plog shouldn't be passed to the pre/post config hooks.
   That would imply clearing it before each call to ap_run_open_logs().
   (and that first clear could go away, of course)

Maybe somebody else can help here?

Cheers,
-g

--