httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/support htdigest.dsp htpasswd.dsp logresolve.dsp rotatelogs.dsp
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 05:37:41 GMT
On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 10:26:01PM -0700, wrote:
> Yes.  We have reviewed this port in the past, and it's license is not
> compatable with ours.  This should be removed from the STATUS file.  But
> we also need to make sure that we have a link to the cygnus stuff from the
> webpage.

To throw more confusion in the mix, I believe you can buy a copy of
cygwin that doesn't have the GPL hindrances. So it would be possible
to build an Apache unhindered by the GPL with it.

<> and
<> seem to support this.

Now, for Apache 2.0, we've done enough work to write native Windows
code that Cygwin is not necessary anyway, so this doesn't really
matter. :)

View raw message