httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 05:38:28 GMT
On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 01:19:19AM -0400, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 05:21:46PM -0000, gstein@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >   +
> >   +    * Go through ap_config.h and namespace-protect the symbols (e.g. USE_*).
> >   +      Some symbols can/should move to mpm_common.h where possible.
>
> This discussion was had before. The original intention was that
> ap_config.h shouldn't be included, directly or indirectly, outside
> Apache and its bundled modules. If it is being included, why?

The following headers each include ap_config.h:

    ap_base64.h
    ap_hooks.h
    ap_sha1.h
    httpd.h

The above files include ap_config because they need API_EXPORT and friends.

Wow. There is a ton of crap in there. For example, if HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H is
defined, then it just includes the header. Why? Whothehellknows. It just
does.

Feh... all that should disappear. The modules that need a header should
include it themselves. ap_config.h (and httpd.h in turn) should not be an
"include the world" header.

I'm not really set up right now for testing this, but I'd say that
ap_config.h should torch all of those #include's, a full compile with all
modules enabled should be done, and insert extra includes where needed.

That ap_select() and ap_sigwait and stuff like that is also quite bogus. But
I've seen Ryan working on torching that stuff. Ryan? Are you working on the
other stuff in ap_config by any chance?

Cheers,
-g

--