httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject ap_interval_time_t (was: Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/time/unix time.c)
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2000 23:13:07 GMT
On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 02:25:39PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > Probably, but I still don't see the need for the two types, so I
> > > constantly forget about the interval_time.  I'll change it later.
> >
> > dunno if i can help:  ap_time_t is an absolute time.  semantically it
> > doesn't make sense to store a 5 millisecond interval in an absolute time
> > (because the value "5 ms" means "5 ms after the epoch").  abs time needs
> > 64-bits, and relative time needs only 32-bits ...
>
> I guess I see reasoning behind it, I just don't see the need.  Since
> people seem to like it, I'm not complaining, I am just going to have to be
> reminded that we need to do this, because it isn't something I am likely
> to think of on my own.  :-)

I'm with Dean on the need for two. But no worries Ryan: I'm always willing
to pester^H^H^H^H^H^Hremind you about the other type.

:-)

Cheers,
-g

p.s. note that it has been switched to an ap_interval_time_t, and the one
call in Apache that used it has also been updated.

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/