httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_auth_digest.c
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2000 01:28:35 GMT
On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 09:09:28AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > OK, how about an apr_notimpl.h that provides these macros? Then the
> > developer can choose.
>
> YUCK!  There are currently 9 feature macros in APR, each of these has say
> five or six functions.  Now, with apr_notimpl.h, which is included in some
> places but not in others in the same program(!), we have about 45
> definitions that will sometimes allow things to compile and sometimes
> not.  So, our new goal is to thoroughly confuse developers.  :-)

Heh. OK, I'm not a big fan of it either; I mentioned it as a
compromise; it's a simple way to let the developer explicitly choose
one APR behavior over another. I'm not convinced it's necessary.

> Oh, and
> I can't wait until somebody accidentally puts apr_notimpl.h into httpd.h,
> and all of the modules that didn't want it start compiling but not
> working.

Then hopefully people are reviewing the CVS commit logs and notice
that apr_notimpl.h has been added. Then we smack their hand and say
"Bad!"