httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_auth_digest.c
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 01:00:23 GMT
On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 05:35:02PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> > #ifndef APR_SHARED_MEMORY
> > #define ap_shmem_malloc(x) (APR_ENOTIMPL)
> > #endif
>
> IMO, these ought to be in APR.
>
> It has nothing to do with MPMs, and it certainly beats making everybody
> duplicate the same darn things.

The problem is that I don't think "everybody" will want this. I think
that most modules will either require shared memory or not care about
it. And in those cases, it's far better that the module author find
out at compile-time that the module won't work.

OK, how about an apr_notimpl.h that provides these macros? Then the
developer can choose.