httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: Review then commit.
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 00:52:55 GMT
On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 11:13:49AM -0400, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > When would you see this becoming a beta?
>
> When I'm sure that no-one is going to say, "We're in beta now, so no
> more features/innovations."  Aside from that concern, I'm happy for
> this to go to beta right now.  But if doing so in going to put a
> lid on fun work, then I'm -1 -- and that's a veto, not a vote.

I'd advocate a system similar to FreeBSD's, where a new CVS module or
branch is created as soon as a feature freeze is declared. Then, those
who are eager to continue feature development when others want to get
a release out the door can do so.

One disadvantage might be that no one will want to work on the stable
branch, because the development branch will be so much cooler.