httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_auth_digest.c
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 00:17:37 GMT
On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 11:08:32AM -0700, Life is hard, and then you die wrote:
> Yes, yuck - I'd prefer it apr too. But less yuck than putting #if all
> over the code. Since I want to be able to handle the failure of getting
> shared-mem or locks gracefully (i.e. a basic set of functionality still
> works without them) I need the run-time checks anyway.

There's nothing stopping a module author who knows that he is working
around a lack of shared memory to implement stub macros:

#ifndef APR_SHARED_MEMORY
#define ap_shmem_malloc(x) (APR_ENOTIMPL)
#endif

I think you'd find the MPM-exported functions I suggested earlier to
be more useful than direct APR calls, though.