httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Windows 2.0 MPM design issues
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2000 21:23:04 GMT
From: William A. Rowe, Jr.

> > From: jlwpc1

> > In Windows most other started processes are for doing
> > something that the main process doesn't really care to "know" about.
>

> Correct.  And they die horrible deaths of GP faults.  And the user
> curses, rails, smashes their keyboard (I'm running 4 keyboards per
> cpu purchase :-)  Web apps are worse... we tie in ISAPI's that can
> trash the environment, memory, handles, etc...

I can solve this above normal keyboard usage for you easily - use touch screens :)

> The first process can restart the server from nearly any crash in
> the child process.  Some administrators actually desire their server
> and services running on it to run what, oh for a whole month(?),
> without restarting the server.  THAT is why there are two processes.

Has the one process (or the how ever many processes) multi-threaded IOCP Apache Windows Server
tried SEH to get the info needed to help develop a correction that solves the "GPF" (bugs)
problem?

Shouldn't 24 by 7 (around the clock) Windows programs _have_ SEH anyway, bugs or not?

JLW