httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:10:23 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@lnd.com>
To: <new-httpd@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 9:45 AM
Subject: RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES

What is the reason for having a Windows computer -  to do it for you.

You are on Windows - use the force!

That is what those MessageBox()es are for. Why quit and say look at the error log(you do give
the exact location for the user here and tell them how to "view it" or maybe you even pop
up the Windows Event Log or Apache error log so the user can see it at the same time)? :)

The computer "knows" what the error is and the computer can even ask the user (I know new
thoughts for Unix users) and then do it or quit via the users actions.  Just image it - a
computer that follows the users wishes! :)

Gosh, why can't you start Windows Apache and ask the user for _everything_ ? :)
Or use radio button. :)  Edit boxes. :) Oh here we are back to language issues - use the Windows
local setup. Apache comes in many languages in files ready to go in Windows.

Oh and be sure in the source code to put in those nice  _blank functions_ for the Unix sections!
:)

Let's see is it,  APR_HAS_MULTI_LANG and APR_HAS_MESSAGEBOX and APR_HAS_SELECT_RADIO_BUTTON_ONE
and APR_HAS_ASK_USER and so on. :)

Remember, think Windows (how can I make it easier for the user - reacting to events/msgs in
the program).

You guys/gals make life hard - why? :)

Yea, computers are FUN.
JLW