httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Windows 2.0 MPM design issues
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 13:12:55 GMT
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@lnd.com>

Yes but there is no written down reason _why_ Apache is dual process in the Windows version.
Why?

Windows is a multi-threaded OS not process - it looks like what Apache is doing would be cleaner
and quicker using just threads.  So why is there another process used as if it were a thread?

Thanks,
JLW