httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "jlwpc1" <jlw...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 13:07:44 GMT
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@lnd.com>
To: <new-httpd@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 8:27 PM
Subject: RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES

Apache needs more research - life changes - Apache server is not for "techs only" any more,
in fact most downloads are from _non-techs_ for most OSes.

Most downloads of Apache Windows Servers are users period, who want to "learn" how to do "something"
besides running the server.  Windows users load and start "something" but if nothing starts
and doesn't "display why", well, you know the _non-tech_ story.  It is only after most Window
programs are up and running, only then will the users desires to learn grows.  It is a simple
computer "correct yourself" fix, based on the _general_ user of the product.

Software used to be based on what does the user want to do, not what the programmer says a
user must do.

Silly me, I used to wonder why everyday people hate computers so much, I wonder if this programming
logic of most developers today is why? :)

JLW