httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Question about USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT...
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 16:21:22 GMT
 USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT:
      Use System V semaphores to implement the semaphore.  These are
      problematic in that they won't be cleaned up if apache is kill -9d,
      and there's the potential of a CGI causing a denial of service
      attack if it's running as the same uid as apache (i.e. suexec
      is recommended on public servers).  But they can be faster than
      either of fcntl() or flock() on some systems.

Can someone give me a clue about the potential CGI DoS attack? I don't see it.

Bill

Bill Stoddard stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com