httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/file_io/unix fileio.h readwrite.c
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:03:48 GMT
> Why do we need BEOS as part of the check?  just include it if it is
> available...

Fair comment.  I didn't want to include files unless they're needed, and
AFAIK most unix's don't need socket.h to get fd_set defined.

> Why do we check HAVE_ARPA_INET_H for including sys/socket.h?

I'm not checking for the presence of arpa_inet.h but using it to
differentiate between versions of BeOS.

This code is for a developmental version of BeOS with a new networking
stack, and so far it doesn't have a version number I can verify.  The
arpa_inet.h header is a difference and it's just what I'm using.  It'll go
away once the development is further along and code better established.

I'm already sailing near the wind with a piece of paper I signed by
including the code and saying as much as I have done!  Nuff said?

david