httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [Patch 1.3.13-dev] httpd.conf-dist & --win
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 03:49:52 GMT

If that's true, that patch is out.  I remember having problems, however,
if the modules aren't loaded.  Do Win32 and Unix differ on this?

> 2) Don't refer to the file as "httpd.conf". Keep the "this
> file" thing. It
>    is quite easy for a person to change the filename.

But we are describing a list of default behaviors, aren't we?
Can I perhaps add the phrase in parens

httpd.conf (i.e. this file, as specified by the -f directive) ???

Would that make it a little clearer?

> > One final addition to the Win32 updates, if everyone will entertain
> > a very long entry in the .conf file for Windows only...
>
> Put it into the Windows-only file then. I don't want to see
> all that in the non-Windows .conf.

Good God no!  I would never afflict my Unix freinds with that :-)  ROFL

Bill