httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2000 23:54:43 GMT

Benefits:

  * Maintainers/contributors don't have to get dizzy remembering which
    branch we are on, if we need to convert this branch or that, or
    whatnot.

  * The docs are identical for 1.3.13/2.0

  * The conversion pl's remain the same on both platforms.
    (rather than cvstodsp5.pl on 2.0 and cvstodsp6.pl on 1.3.13)

  * The conversion from .dsp 6 -> 5 -> 6 is symetrical

  * The conversion from .dsp 6 -> 5 -> 6 is -not- symetrical.
    Changes commited to the tree will always be twigging the
    !MESSAGE text lines.

Drawback:

  * Version 5 will read version 6 without conversion, but not
    understand the /ZI flag.  Applies to Debugging mode, only.
    This really only affects developers, not admins rolling
    their own release.

Please opin if these issues weigh in favor of either

1) renaming the .pl's in the 1.3.13 helpers folder to cvstodsp6/dsp6tocvs.

or

2) converting the .dsp's in the 1.3.13 tree to dsp 6 format (via the script).