httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [patch 1.3.13] defaulted servername
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 00:40:57 GMT

I really strongly disagree with your disagreement, after thinking
this through.

Right now we create a ServerName and go quietly on.  If the
server name has no dots, we die.

This is stupid.

My patch already warns that it is making an assumption of
the ServerName (and we all know what happens when we ass u me
things, right kids :-?) and displays the assumed name.

Ok, no dotted name?  Then have an IP (still displayed that
the server is assuming the name...)

I believe I ought to wrap it with ap_log_error bleh.  Other
than that, I find no reason not to commit this patch.

If anyone has comments, please post them to the list before
tommorow evening.  I wouldn't consider your -1 a veto, in any
case Bill, because you really didn't explain -what- bothers
you exactly :-)

Bill