httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Windows 2.0 MPM design issues
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:31:49 GMT

Ok, not fair, yes there are docs, although no the tidy hardbound
edition you are looking for:

1) CHANGES - tell us where we've been in a digest.

2) STATUS  - tell us where we've going in a digest.

3) Fixes and reports in bugs.apache.org and the list archives tell
   us where we've been, in about the most complete tomb known to a
   development project, ever (other than perhaps Linux).  Would M$
   ever keep all that info in one place for disgruntled employees
   to walk home with?

4) Patches and suggestions in bugs.apache.org and the list archives
   also tell us where we are going, in long, drawn out debates over
   this feature, that choice of patches, etc.  The end result is
   highly tuned, reviewied by more eyes and with more caution that
   95% of the 'commercial' software .

And no, this discussion group is for the 'development' of the
software.  There is no marketing guru sitting here dictacting
what the 'coders' are 'coding'.  We dictate the direction by
_our_ own and _our_ employeer's requirements for actually 'using'
the software.  80% of the time the suggestions to this list and
the bugs database are worthwhile to us, ourselves.  The other
20% are ignored.  To hit the 80%, the idea needs to make sense
to a contributor, not to the marketing guy.