httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:45:08 GMT

Ahhh... that's the nail, you hit it right on the head.

One of my fixes to 1.3.13 before it flies out the door has to
be to prevent the console from closing until the user sees the
message.  The only time we _can't_ do this is when they start
a WinNT service (no console, ever)...

We can work that out for 2.0 before the release version to at
least throw up one of those god-awful message popups with a
detailed description of why the server didn't start (it's a
hack to http_logs, but I'll toss the implementation to another
function).

But if they are a brainiac who's installed a service and knows
how to stop and start it, they aught to be able to find and
read an error log :-)

Not yet, but it's on the short list :)