httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Windows 2.0 MPM design issues
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:22:46 GMT

Correct.  And they die horrible deaths of GP faults.  And the user
curses, rails, smashes their keyboard (I'm running 4 keyboards per
cpu purchase :-)  Web apps are worse... we tie in ISAPI's that can
trash the environment, memory, handles, etc...

The first process can restart the server from nearly any crash in
the child process.  Some administrators actually desire their server
and services running on it to run what, oh for a whole month(?),
without restarting the server.  THAT is why there are two processes.

There is an environment variable tested called ONE_PROCESS, I'm
strongly considering turning that into an httpd.conf option.  I don't
recommend you use it unless you are debugging/testing, and that's
presuming one isn't comfortable attaching the debugger to a process.