httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Allan Edwards" <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject RE: default timeout values
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 01:17:27 GMT

> Let's just store in seconds and do the conversion in setopt.  This
> probably makes more sense in the long run.  Plus, people are used to
> seeing things in seconds, not usecs.

This is getting ugly fast. If we are going to store timeouts
in microseconds then we also have to fix things like
ap_interval_time_t (which is ap_int32_t) in ap_socket_t.

Also, ap_set_pipe_timeout, ap_sleep, ap_poll have the same
potential overflow problem and will need fixing unless we
decide to limit time intervals to < 30mins.

Are people likely to want to make Timout & KeepaliveTimeout
greater that 30 mins?? (that's an Apache question). The more
significant question however is whether APR users in general
would want to live with that restriction - almost certainly not.

Looks like we need to redefine ap_interval_time_t to ap_int64_t
unless you want to recant and standardize on seconds??

Allan