httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: default timeout values
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:33:00 GMT

Ok... stop there.

If you are concerned about performance, then I strongly suggest we
adopt an APR_TICKS_PER_SEC that is native to the OS.  Unix can play
with seconds.  We'll play with 100ns units over here on NT.

But I think the inherent complexity is overkill.  Integer mult/div
is fast enough now that I think it's probably mute.  But let's
ask the experts... is Dean in the house?