httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/include http_core.h
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:37:00 GMT
> From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@lyra.org]
>
> Dang... we should go back to that query of yours: what conventions should
> Apache use? I say screw it: make it all cdecl! :-)

Didn't the group determine that support of other languages would be
beneficial?  That implies the Pascal calling convention (stdcall) for
everything within reason.

You are simply masking the problem by calling it all cdecl :)  In fact
I need to go through and build with no .def's to determine how many of
the AP?_EXPORT declarations are wrong today, and clean them up.

Which points something out.  Would anyone object to a patch that forces
cdecl'ed functions in the .def file to retain their underscores, and
leaves all stdcall'ed names without?  This will definately improve the
compatibility with Borland, and will also underscore (pun intended) the
calling convention for those who don't include c language headers.

Bill