httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Complete source for Apache MSVC/Borland IconBar APP
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:07:18 GMT
Kevin,

Ok... I didn't even crack it open yet, but I'm -1 on just one point.
The call to EnumServicesStatus is too simple to ignore, I'm 100% against
spawning a proc from the taskbar every n seconds.  I do promise to crack
it open and give the app a proper review (probably not till Friday a.m.)
If that's the only weakness, then I can be easily converted :)

Speaking of it being borland-ready, take a look at my patch for NT event
logging of this evening... that one bit of stdio crud is probably MSVC
specific, if you care to pass on a fix for Borland (or simply make it
generic, but I don't think you can do so and keep it as immediate-commit
at the same time.)  The MS clib looks at stdxxx and decides they are not
a tty, you are then screwed.  I needed the fdopen to force the mode back
to unbuffered.

My point to the new arg to EnumServicesStatusEx is that we can enumerate
only the 5 installed or 2 running apache servers instead of the 50 total
installed or 29 running services in the system.  Since NET START is simply
an app around that call, it's still a Win2000 optimization, and one that
could easily wait till 2.0 releases.

(oh, the ATL app I described was recoded in raw API, my point was that it
is easier to do that from ATL than from MFC :)  I mentioned pure code,
but that's for my scripting widget.  If you've gone to the trouble, I have
plenty of other things at hand.

b.t.w., note from Ozgar -finally- helped me see the light, should have
the def files all set as well.  And I'm not against distributing the
.mak files with a .bcc.mak suffix or some such, so we should be able to
stay away from extra biniaries in the build.