httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Braund" <abraund_n...@mail.com>
Subject RE: [patch 1.3.13-dev] Win9x Services
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 05:58:44 GMT

Yes, apache terminates normally with ctrl+break.
If you are in select mode a ctrl+c takes you back
to "edit Mode", a second ctrl+c terminates apache normally.

> Second, is the select mode the *default*?

No

>  Or is it only a problem
> if you accidently *trip* it?

You trip it by clicking in the command prompt window when it already had the
focus.
If the window didn't have the focus, a click gives it the focus but it stays
in "edit mode".
It seems that a left click on a command prompt that has focus will get you into
"select mode". Subsequent left clicks have no effect. A right click will put
the command prompt back to "edit mode".
Typing normal characters, escape, arrow keys (but not ctrl, shift or alt keys)
also gets you back into "edit mode".

>  Or is this ctrl+c the copy command,
> without any option to bypass it?

Ctrl+c when in select mode puts the command prompt window back to "edit mode"
and
clears any highlight you had dragged but doesn't seem to do anything useful
ie the clipboard is left unchanged.
ctrl+insert also exhibits the same useless behaviour.
In order to copy you need to select the text with mouse drag, then hit the
enter key.

>  Try using mode 0x87 and see if that
> solves the problem.

YES!
Left click in the window no longer has any effect. ctrl+c always gives CTRL+C
signal.

0x0087 - no select, no mouse move events
0x008f - same, no mouse move events
0x003f - same and you get mouse move events
0x001f - same and you get mouse move events
0x009f - same and you get mouse move events
0x00af - same, no mouse move events

0x00cf - select behaviour, no mouse move events
0x006f - select behaviour, no mouse move events
0x004f - select behaviour, no mouse move events
0x00bf - select behaviour, no mouse move events

When in select mode the X (window close) gives "win can not shut this window",
I click
cancel, then when command prompt goes back into edit mode ie press a key or
right click in the window, then the window gets the close and testconsole
terminates
but command prompt window does not close as it usually does.